- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 1 watermelon radish or 2 red radishes
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- Squeeze of lemon
- 8 kale leaves, chopped
- 2 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice
- 1 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- ¾ cup sauerkraut
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds or hemp seeds
- Turmeric Tahini sauce for serving ( ingredients below )
- Microgreens, optional
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and spread onto the baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Thinly slice the radish into rounds and use a vegetable peeler to peel the carrots into ribbons.
- Toss the radish slices, carrots, and shredded cabbage with a squeeze of lemon. Set aside.
- Place the kale leaves into a large bowl and toss with a squeeze of lemon and a few pinches of salt. Use your hands to massage the leaves until they become soft and wilted and reduce in the bowl by about half.
- Assemble individual bowls with the brown rice or quinoa, chickpeas, kale, carrots, radishes, cabbage, sweet potatoes, sauerkraut, sesame seeds, and microgreens, if using. Season with salt and pepper and serve with the Turmeric Tahini Sauce.
Turmeric Tahini Sauce
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons water, plus more as needed
- 1 small garlic clove, grated or pressed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ to 1 teaspoon dried turmeric
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon olive oil