- 3-4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- I head of organic broccoli
- I bag of rice, your choice instant or regular (brown or white)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 3-4 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbs Rice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cut the chicken breast into bite size pieces, season it with salt and pepper and cook in a pan until no longer pink
- Start the rice
- Wash, cut & place broccoli into cookie sheet, coat with 1-2 tbs olive oil & salt & pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients together. All except the corn starch. Place into frying pan, whisk & cook on medium heat for 3 minutes, then add 1/4 cup water and 1 tbs cornstarch to the mixture. Cook 1 more minute. Then Add to the chicken, cook 2-3 more minutes just until it thickens. It will cook and thicken quickly coating the chicken pieces with a sweet, shiny glaze that is so good!
This is super simple, one of my kids favorite dishes!